Stanton Elementary school

A lot has happened since I last wrote. I've started a new job working in Washington DC. Its the most rewarding and yet mentally draining job I have. I am currently teaching kindergarten and first grade Math, social studies, and science. My partner in crime that teaches them reading is Megan Lucas! YAY! I don't think I would have survived the first quarter without her and Hector! Hector wakes up every morning to make my lunch and I carpool with Megan. I am teaching in a school that is ranked 72 out of 72 schools. Lets just say they have not been doing so well in the past. Its a very different atmosphere then last two year of my teaching career. These kids are very aggressive towards each other and are constantly yelling or arguing with each other. Mostly just the first graders.

You never know how your day is going to be. There are good moments and bad ones. Its a really hard job. I love the staff that I work with... which is why I keep going every day. If it weren't for them I would not make it at Stanton. I just want these kids to know that I want them to learn and succeed in life. I just need to figure out a way for them to stop the fighting and start believing in themselves.


Comments

Popular Posts