2011 summer is ending!!


This summer has quickly come to an end... It has been an amazing summer! I got to travel to multiple places and relax from a crazy school year. Went to Cape Cod late June... New Orleans in mid July... Then to Miami in August! All of my trips were fun!

It was extremely exciting to be able to visit New Orleans 3 years after leaving. I got to see many friends! I arrived in New Orleans and was welcomed by my bestie Mallory! She drove me to Baton Rouge so that I could start out my visit with Linda Dick!! Mallory, Sierra, and I had like a 3 hour meal at CCG. We didn't eat the entire time... we just had a lot of catching up to do. That night Linda took me out to TIGER LAND! What?! It was interesting to say the least... Let's just say I saw college girls drinking WINE at a bar.. It was very strange to see because that is very rare to see girls drinking wine out of a wine glass dancing in a packed bar. Either way it was fun to dance and people watch! Oh and did I mention that they allow smoking in the bar? WOW! I completely forgot that Louisiana still allowed it. In case you weren't aware... I HATE THE SMELL OF SMOKE! Yuck! I spent 4 wonderful days with Linda. I got to visit LSU and see OTB friends! I really missed everyone from OTB. We ate dinner and then went out to Splash to dance the night away! I had a chance to see Linda's family and ate really GOOD food! Crawfish pasta! YUM! Seeing old friends in Baton rouge was really great.

After four days in Baton Rouge I went and stayed the rest of my stay in NOLA with Mallory and her husband Tyler. I had the opportunity to be the first guest to stay in Mallory's house! Which is beautiful!!! Love it! Mallory and I had a lot of fun catching up and doing things all over New Orleans. We went to the Insectorium and ate bugs! Gross I know! We went to a rum distillery and tasted some strong rum. We had fun shopping and just hanging out. I wish I could have stayed longer! If only NOLA was closer! Miss her!

Hector and I both went to Miami to see his grandma and family. It was my first time meeting his grandma and it was awesome! You may be wondering why I just met her... But she's lives in Honduras... I haven't been there in a long time. Either way I LOVED her immediately! She is the cutest person in the world. She makes funny jokes and cracks herself up. We also saw Hector's parents... It was the first time seeing them since our wedding. We saw my aunt Cristian and my little cousins. Well they aren't so little anymore! I can't believe how big they were! It was fun to hang out with all of them! Unfortunately it was only a 3 day trip.. TOO SHORT! But we both had to work.

It was indeed the best summer vacation ever!! To bad it had to come to an end!!

Here are a few pictures of my trip to NOLA.

Linda and her sister Leah

Mallory about to eat a cricket!

RUM!


Mallory's House!

Mallory and Tyler! Tyler is a goof ball! Love them!

Comments

Popular Posts