February 15, 2013 - The most important day of our lives!

February 15, 2013 the day that changed our lives. 
This day was the longest most rewarding day I've ever experienced.
My contractions started around midnight. I thought that it was just braxton hicks because I still had 3 weeks til my due date. I had been feeling them through out the week.
The contractions were coming three times an hour and about 10 minutes apart.
My water broke at 2:46 am. That's when the days adventure began.
Hector and I quickly grabbed our stuff and made our way out of the apartment.
 Honestly it felt like we were a comedic movie. I was laughing the entire time because the water wouldn't stop coming out. I know TMI! Before we left the apartment I realized that we would be coming home with our baby. It freaked me out both out nervousness and happiness. I cried.
Once at the hospital it became extremely real.
I got hooked onto the monitor and my contractions got stronger. I tried doing it labor without any drugs but the pain got to be too much and I got an epidural after about 5 hours.
Do get an epidural! It's wonderful and all the pain goes away! It is scary but definitely worth it. The thing that was the most scary about it was that Hector was not allowed to stay in the room.
It took about 20 minutes to be put in and for the pain to go away.
The labor progressed nicely until around 3 where I stopped dilating. I stayed at 9 cm for four hours. That's when the doctor decided that the best thing for both me and my baby was to have a c-section.
I was not happy about this and I did cry a lot. But I had an amazing nurse and husband to let me know everything was going to be okay.
 The c-section was very quick and painless. I won't go into any details but if you want to know just ask.
Hector Desmond Antunez was born on March 15, 2013 at 7:57 PM
 He was 7 lbs 11 oz and 19 3/4 inches long. Big baby!
He was a miracle! I loved him right away. Here are some pictures of him. Enjoy!










We are proud parents!  

Comments

Popular Posts