My everyday wreath

I am very big at decorating for holidays!
I got this from my aunt Roxana! THANKS!
She has made me a spring wreath and a fall wreath.
This past Christmas I made a Christmas wreath and kept it up for Mardi Gras season.
If I had a house of my own I would make a wreath for every holiday but I don't.
So instead of making a bunch of wreaths, I decided to make an every wreath.
I've seen so many cute wreath made out of yarn and decided I needed one!
At first I was going to buy one Etsy but decided that this would be a great project for me!
I am always up for the challenge!
Hector and I went to the Michael's a week ago.
I went shopping for all the things I needed for the wreath
and the hubby got materials for drawing.
I love having an artistic husband!
He's an animator and wants to get good at drawing with pencils vs. animating on the computer.
He animates video games.
Anyways...
All you need is a wreath, yarn, and felt if you want to make the flowers.



The next part is very time consuming!
Keep the plastic wrap on the wreath so it's easier to manage when wrapping it with yarn.
I used my glue gun to glue the end of the yarn on to the wreath.
Make sure to let it dry before you begin the next step!
You can tie a knot if you do not have a glue gun.




Then you wrap the wreath with the yarn.
Make sure you wrap it tight.
I went over parts of it twice and it added lots of texture.
This took me over an hour to do.
( I was also watching a movie while wrapping the wreath)
It's very time consuming.


Once you have that part done you should be able to add any kind of decoration to it.
I added some felt flowers.
All you have to do is cut the felt into a 4x4 inch square.
Then you cut the square into a circle.
Then you cut into a spiral... starting off small and getting bigger.
Then you wrap it up and glue.
It's hard to explain without pictures.
You can always look up youtube videos.
Just look up How to make felt flowers.
Here is my finished project:







I cannot wait to make another one!
It was very fun to make.
If you want me to make you one let me know!
Just leave me a comment or email me.
Happy Monday!

Comments

  1. Beautiful color scheme!! And the rosettes are simply adorable :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts